Statistical Process Control (SPC)
Of attendees in this course in 2021 recommend it.
Attendees are satisfied with this trainings.
(Average rating on all sessions in 2021)
- Know how to implement Statistical Process Control rigorously & methodically.
Learning operational objectives
- Know how to realize the organizational & cultural changes necessary for successful implementation of SPC.
- Know how to implement SPC, following a methodic, rigorous, step by step approach, on examples of processes of the trainees and using their own internal SPC tools.
- Understand the importance of the following steps: "Selection of the characteristics controlled by SPC", "MSA", "observation of the process, reduction of its variabilities, elimination of special causes", "validation of statistical stability", "validation of capability"»".
- According to the type of characteristic followed by SPC, know how to choose the right SPC card, implement and use this type of card.
- Know how to define, apply and make applied the principles of operation of SPC within the organization (driving the process, application of reaction modes, elimination of special & common causes, actions on the system and local actions, adjustment of frequency of sampling, standardization of learning experience to other processes).
The "Pluses" of the training session
- Several SPC workshops will be realized and will be based on the SPC tool, the SPC cards and process data of the trainees. (The workshops input data can also be provided by Vertice Engineering if necessary).
- Theoretical parts organized in a dynamic and interactive way (workshops in subgroups, quizzes, questions, etc.).
- This training includes a 6-months period of post training support (email exchanges, webinars, phone, response time depending on the trainer’s availability).
Organization and resources
- Each attendee receives a training manual in English as well as exercise and workshop files used during the session.
- For face-to-face training, the room must have a video projector as well as a flipchart and a whiteboard with coloured markers in working order.
- The attendees must dispose of a laptop computer, connected to the internet, with MS Excel 2007 or more installed.
- Level assessment quizzes for each attendee at the beginning and the end of the training session.
- Hot satisfaction questionnaire completed by each attendee at the end of the training.
- Cold evaluation questionnaire, to evaluate achievements realized after the training completed 3 months after training, by each attendee, with their hierarchy.
- Anyone involved in the imlementation of development and industrialization of an industrial product or process.
- Attendees have successfully completed, at minimum, a “bachelor” academic curriculum in engineering, mathematics, sciences, industrial engineering.
- Participants should have an experience of the products and manufacturing processes of the company organizing the training.
- Minimum 1-year experience in production, maintenance, method, quality or engineering in industry.
- Holds master’s diploma from top tier engineering school (Centrale, INSA, Arts et Métiers, UTC). Equivalent to Master's degree in industrial engineering.
- 20 years experience in automotive industry in industrial statistics (MSA, SPC, capability studies, design of experiments, tolerancing) and in methodologies of product / process design and engineering (functional analysis, DFMEA, PFMEA, CAD).
- Shared training
All persons with disabilities, people with reduced mobility, visually impaired and hard of hearing, can attend all our training courses, provided that they report it as soon as possible so that we can adapt the premises and training ressources to their needs.