8D - Problem-solving methodology
Of attendees in this course in 2022 recommend it.
Attendees are satisfied with this trainings.
(Average rating on all sessions in 2022)
- Understand and know how to lead a problem-solving approach, following the 8D methodology on the problems of the organizing company and in its industrial context.
Learning operational objectives
- Know the basic steps of a problem-solving process.
- Mastering root cause research techniques (the most important basic techniques in any problem-solving methodology).
- Make appropriate use of the capitalization step, including the updating of production design and monitoring standards and documents (FMEA, monitoring plan, instruction sheets, etc.).
- Know the IATF 16949: 2016 problem solving requirements (Chap 10.2.3), in the context of the organizing company.
- Understand the specificities of the different existing methodologies and know which methodology to choose according to the context (8D, A3, QRQC, etc.).
The "Pluses" of the training session
- Training "tailor-made" adapted and focused on workshops applied directly to examples of concrete problems of the organizing company (case studies used if necessary).
- The practical case is the main theme of the training, the theoretical explanations are introduced as the exercise progresses and are adapted to the course of the training.
- Theoretical parts organized in a dynamic and interactive way (workshops in subgroups, quizzes, questions, etc.).
- This training includes a 6-months period of post training support (email exchanges, webinars, phone, response time depending on the trainer’s availability).
Organization and resources
- Each attendee receives a training manual in English as well as exercise and workshop files used during the session.
- For face-to-face training, the room must have a video projector as well as a flipchart and a whiteboard with coloured markers in working order.
- Level assessment quizzes for each attendee at the beginning and the end of the training session.
- Hot satisfaction questionnaire completed by each attendee at the end of the training.
- Cold evaluation questionnaire, to evaluate achievements realized after the training completed 3 months after training, by each attendee, with their hierarchy.
- Anyone likely to lead or take part in problem solving in the organizing company.
- Participants should have an experience of the products and manufacturing processes of the company organizing the training.
- Minimum 1-year experience in production, maintenance, method, quality or engineering in industry.
- Holds master’s diploma from top tier engineering school (Centrale, INSA, Arts et Métiers, UTC). Equivalent to Master's degree in industrial engineering.
- 20 years of automotive industry experience in project management, purchasing, product/process design methodologies, risk assessment and problem-solving.
- Shared training
All persons with disabilities, people with reduced mobility, visually impaired and hard of hearing, can attend all our training courses, provided that they report it as soon as possible so that we can adapt the premises and training ressources to their needs.